Feminine Power Awakening
February – March – May – June • 2017
Join dance artiste Tara Star in an afternoon of profound communion, divine embodiment and spiritual awakening with Bellydance
Welcome to the Mystery
You are invited to join in the magic, mystery and enchantment of Bellydance with internationally acclaimed performer Tara Star.
Bellydance: Ancient Roots and Modern Miracles
Bellydance is one of the oldest sacred dance practices in the world. Today it is most often seen as entertainment, exercise, an expression of ethnic traditions and a creative modality for emerging new art. Bellydance is also a potent spiritual practice infused with sensuality, beauty, depth and transformation.
At its core bellydance is a celebration of the creative principle. In ancient times, the feminine form was recognized to be the embodiment of the giver of life and bellydance was a way of honoring and evoking the creative force of the universe.
This is not a typical dance class. In this introduction you will enter into a space that is a re-visioning of the mystical healing temples of old, where abiding in the blessed enchanted world and relating as our highest selves can soothe our hearts and lift our spirits.
We will start with drinking chai, some stretching and a relaxed inquiry into the deep well of wisdom that lives and breathes as the Body Temple. With sensitive guidance and inspired narrative, Tara will invite you through mystical doorways that we will hold open with our intention for the imaginal realms to appear. The intention is to be available for the Mystery beyond the veils of illusion to dance us. Our hearts long for the world we deeply know is possible and often have glimmers in mystical experiences. With Sacred Bellydance we co-create a sustained dive into some of the highest possibilities available.
We will explore the simple Sacred Shapes of bellydance to raise our vibrational intelligence to release tensions and rejuvenate. The Sacred Shapes of Bellydance awaken different aspects of the universal energies and are similar to energy cultivation practices such as chi gung, tai chi or yoga. You will feel those energies rise up from inside the depths of your own being and together we will discover how these potent shapes hold those energies between us. We will embody the ecstatic union and dance as the Source before the primordial unity with nature was split.
You will feel the power of the Mystery evoked through the dance and you will find yourself swimming in the currents of life that animate the world.
- WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Sacred Bellydance is participatory and interactive. We will be sharing conscious dialogue, healing touch (i.e. shoulder massage) and simple movement and dance.
- Wear comfortable clothes to move in (and sit on the floor in) that also feels fun and a bit dressy! You do not need to show your belly. I suggest yoga leggings with a long skirt or sarong on top.
- For this special event, all women are welcome. No experience necessary, only the desire to reconnect with your deepest self, and to explore the Mystery, and share with others in an intentional circle of spiritual intimacy, trust, and support.
- This work is sacred and so please think about how you can arrive that will honor your own sense of divinity. So come comfortable, fresh, free and in a spirit of welcoming the highest potentials for yourself, each other and the greater worlds.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: There will be incense and aromatherapy oils used. We will also periodically be sitting cross-legged on floor cushions.
For any men who are interested- I will be offering another mixed event sometime this year. In the meantime, please be welcomed to contact me for a free intro to the Sacred Shapes with Zoom video call.
It will be a delight to dance with you.
February 19 and March 19
May 14 and June 18
2 to 4 pm
Healing Arts Collective
519 South 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143
$20 0nline / $25 at the door
More about Tara Star
As a performer, Tara Star bellydanced in 5-star venues in exotic Hawaii, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh and India, performing for royalty, heads of state, weddings, TV shows and celebrities for over 11 years. She has also taught numerous workshops and festivals worldwide. Even more